[Techtalk] OSVDB is looking for a few Web developers

Raven Alder raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Thu Apr 15 04:42:31 EST 2004

Heya --

	One of the Open Source projects that I do some crypto for is
looking for volunteer Web developers, and they asked me to pass this on.
If any of you are Web developers or security geeks with webdev skills
and free time, it's a good cause and looks shiny on your resume.  If
interested, contact information for the webdev folks is in the mail below.

Cheers,
Raven

----- Forwarded message from Forrest Rae <fbr at 14x.net> -----

The OSVDB project has been growing steadily for the last 2 years.  At first
the software behind OSVDB was simple, and easily maintained by a single
person with others contributing smaller pieces.

Since the "Go Live" of the project, the development team has been swamped
with an unexpected amount of pending work.  This includes bugs, small feature
requests, and new major functionality.

The OSVDB Development team is currently looking for help.  We are in need of
developers to help manage the development work load.  If you're
interested please forward a technical resume to: moderators at osvdb.org

Requirements include, Familiar with the following:
-Web Applications
-Linux (Gentoo preferred)
-Apache Web Server
-PHP
-SQL (PostgreSQL, PGplsql preferred)
-OpenSSH
-CVS
-XML (XMLRPC, Soap, XSLT etc...)

Why should you develop for OSVDB?  Developing for OSVDB is very rewarding.
- The OSVDB project is extremely popular and your work will receive the
proper attention.
- Developing for OSVDB will bring accreditation and exposure to your technical
  ability and provide an additional resume item if interested.
- Your efforts will help increase the level of security worldwide.
- The OSVDB project is made possible by a massive backend web application that
autonomously handles workload distribution, editing, moderation, user
scoring, and vulnerability status.
- Work on a team that is influencing the way the security industry gets
vulnerability information.

--
Forrest Rae
Lead Developer