[Techtalk] filtering postmaster copy

Devdas Bhagat devdas at dvb.homelinux.org
Wed Apr 14 16:19:01 EST 2004

On 13/04/04 06:05 -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 05:44:28AM +0200, Alain Tesio wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:59:24 -0400
> > Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane at xtrinsic.com> wrote:
> > > :0B:
> > > * .*@xtrinsic.com.*: unknown user:
> > > /dev/null
>
> I've included the "full" message (with headers) up to the point that I want to filter.
> I wasn't sure if this was something that could be set by postfix or should be filtered
> by procmail...
>
> >From double-bounce at xtrinsic.net  Mon Apr 12 20:40:53 2004
/dev/null

I would be far more interested in knowing why the undeliverable bounce
was generated in the first place. If you are accepting mail for unknown
users and then bouncing, set local_recipient_maps correctly so that you
don't accept that mail in the first place.

You can set notify_classes in main.cf so that the notifications are not
generated, but silently discarded.

If you can, run a snapshot release and set the check_sender_mx_access
variable.

Devdas Bhagat