[Techtalk] Asking for new PC recommended specs

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Tue Sep 30 22:44:47 EST 2003

At 9/30/03 09:25 PM , L J Laubenheimer wrote:
>Also, I don't buy from system integrators as a rule - not when I have the
>expertise living in my house!  In fact, I tend to enjoy playing with
>assembling hardware myself, even with my 50 hour a week job.

I also enjoy working with hardware, and would normally tend to buy
individual parts _a la carte_ and assemble them myself. But it's a personal
choice for everyone, and one that has a lot to do with things like how
valuable your time is, how much you enjoy hardware, and how good your
hardware skills are. (The sort of system-building that some of us can do,
enjoyably, in a couple of hours of spare time are the same sorts of things
that other people might see as a three-day ordeal with lots of hair-pulling.)

So, to each their own -- and I didn't know where on the spectrum the
querent falls.

                                                 --Kai MacTane