[Techtalk] [OFF TOPIC] Huge misconceptions about Israel/policy (was:NOT Moving to Europe)

Yaroslav Fedevych adeveloper at ukr.net
Mon Sep 29 18:09:14 EST 2003

I'm sorry, is there a moderator? I'd like to know who is, if we have one.

We promised everyone to be friendly and polite when joined this list (for my part, I've read the HOWTO, although it was awful the author didn't give her email, as I've some points to show her). Being polite and friendly is not only "not answering with RTFM". It's also respect for others' bandwidth.

I live in Ukraine, where we have still those analog dialup lines. In the place from where I'm writing now, such a 56K channel is shared between 10 clients. For most questions I get in the forums and mailing lists, I often respond with RTFM because it 1) saves my bandwidth, and 2) FM really, really tells the answer in most cases.

Before joining this list, I promised myself to never answer with RTFM on these lists, even if I feel the question is very unwise. But it had ****** me off when I saw continuous offtopic here. It IS possible to warn politely, really.

Be polite. Respect neighbors. I expect tech talks here, not political ones.
--
Best regards!
"Never make any mistaeks." -- From Unknown Source