[Techtalk] Home Internet access on Linux

Brenda Bell k15a-list-linuxchix at theotherbell.com
Thu Sep 25 21:24:38 EST 2003

Quoting "Virginia K. Wills" <kathywills at kathywillsfamily.com>:

> Brenda,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I guess this leaves this out as possibly an
> option since I live about 8 miles from the nearest town. Looks like we
> are stuck with either dial-up or satellite.

Don't give up so quickly.  Sometimes, rural phone companies will put
switches in the darndest places.  My DSL connection is coming from a big
green metal box about the size of a large outhouse sitting across the road
from the pig farm with nary an office building in sight :)

--
Brenda
http://opensource.theotherbell.com