[Techtalk] Re: OT: Floor wax & desert topping (was: Solaris experience)

Julie txjulie at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 18 08:15:56 EST 2003

Caitlyn Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:16:43 -0500
> Julie <txjulie at austin.rr.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, Julie,
>
> Hebrew 101:
>
>>Shavua tov.
>

> Literally, "good week".  A traditional greeting on the first day of the
> week after the Sabbath, meaning Sunday.  When you posted this I would
> have used "Erev Tov", meaning "good evening".  It's also used at the
> beginning of a conversation, not as a salutation.

Usually we wish everyone "shavua tov" here immediately
after havdalah (and then clean house on Sunday).

> Still, it was a nice thought on your part.  I do appreciate it.

Thanks.  As we're getting on towards R"H, I figure l'shanna tova
is in order as well.
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
txjulie at austin.rr.com                  or nothing at all.