[Techtalk] RHN problem

Hanlie Pretorius hpretorius at pnp.co.za
Wed Sep 17 07:57:25 EST 2003

Hi Mandi,

Thanks for the info. I looked at the file and everything was as it
should be except that the HTTP proxy address had no port attached to it,
so I added it in the up2date config file.

It works now! Yoohoo!

I do find it a bit strange though, that the config GUI gives info
different from the config text file.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Hanlie

[quote]
>Sounds like your proxy settings are incorrect. Have the proxy settings
>on your network changed recently?

>RHN keeps its proxy settings /etc/sysconfig/rhn/{rhn_register,up2date}
>though i've never worked with a proxy, so i'm not sure what they should
>look like.

Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/email-disclaimer.htm
If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security at pnp.co.za