[Techtalk] Squid

MelissaL.Wise at mail.state.ky.us MelissaL.Wise at mail.state.ky.us
Tue Sep 16 08:44:31 EST 2003

I'm playing with Squid on RH9. I'm wanting to use it to limit who has
Internet access. I want everyone to be able to access the IntrAnet, but only
members of a group (Internet) to be able to get out to the Internet. Or if
it's easier, I can create a group (NoInternet) and restrict it. I'm not real
good at ACLs, so I need some help.

I know to do an statement such as

acl restricted_websites dstdomain blahblah.com
http_access deny restricted_websites

before the localhost and localnet lines, to restrict particluar websites for
all users. But how do I tell it to either restrict all sites except IntrAnet
for NoInternet group, or allow Internet access to only the Internet group?
Does that make sense?

	Melissa Wise
	MIS Director
	Hazelwood Center
	502-361-2301 x.2721
	Work Cell: 502-445-6065
	Email: melissal.wise at mail.state.ky.us

	"Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
of the original message."