[Techtalk] unzipsfx encryption

Shirrell shirrell at pstat.com
Thu Sep 11 14:23:13 EST 2003

I have used zip with unzipsfx encryption for several years
to keep track of the people who download our software.

Since they need a password to unzip the module, we can
find not only who they are but what form of linux they
are using.

I recently upgraded to RedHat 8 and the unzipsfx that comes
with it has a bug in the encryption.  You can encrypt but
not decrypt.  I have looked at the bug lists and downloaded
the source for unzip-550 which was the most recent I could
find and get the same error message.

Has anyone encountered this problem?  If so have you solved it?

Thanks
shirrell at pstat.com