[Techtalk] BASH command subsitution

Diggy Bell diggy at dbsoftdev.com
Sun Sep 7 14:04:43 EST 2003

Hi Robin,

There've been several answers to your initial question, but you might want
to check out a couple more resources.

Introduction to Linux (http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/index.html)

This guide is an excellent resource for anybody working in a *NIX
environment.  It has all of that little stuff that you have written down on
little scraps of paper all compiled into an very well written guide.

Advanced Bash Scripting (http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/index.html)

I haven't read this one yet, but someone else had mentioned it in another
response.  I did talk to the review coordinator at TLDP and did find out
that this guie has been actively maintained, and a new version was just
released.

HTH

William D. 'Diggy' Bell
Principal