[Techtalk] a working MTA...a SIMPLE one!

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Oct 22 14:43:09 EST 2003

sl wrote:
> Does anyone have a simple smtp thingy that they know inside and out and could
> help me get set up?

nullmailer is pretty simple, and the setup files are trivial. I use
nullmailer myself and will happily send you sample config files. Please
contact me off-list, or Cc questions about nullmailer to me, I am not
currently receiving techtalk mail. If you use Debian, the nullmailer
package installer should ask you all the right questions.

I've also used ssmtp for this task, but now use nullmailer (check my
mail headers!)

-Mary