[Techtalk] Any OpenOffice pros?

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Tue Oct 21 13:37:46 EST 2003

I decided to go back to college to get a master's degree, and it so
happens that in this college they've largely replaced Microsoft Office
with OpenOffice, even under Windows. I'm quite pleased to use OpenOffice
if possible, because I've had a lot of bad experiences with Word not
working at the last minute.

I've started using OpenOffice Writer and it seems pretty powerful. (The
auto-completion on each word typed takes a little getting used to, but
it really does speed things up.) As far as I've seen OOW has the tools
you find in Word, but some of them are kind of hard to find. (I don't
think they're any more or less intuitive than Word; I just don't happen
to know where to look for them in OOW.)

So enough of the anecdote: I have two questions. First, does anyone know
how to set up OOW in an outline fashion, with titles and subtitles?
Second, does anyone know how to automatically generate a table of contents?

--
  Indeed, I've noticed a number of these [virus] emails today - I'd
  click on it, have a laugh and delete it. Of course, I run Linux so