[Techtalk] Mandrake 9.2

TechChiq techchiq at hotpop.com
Sun Oct 19 22:16:37 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 10:14, Hamster wrote:
> Can you supply more info about your setup please. Are you using KDE or Gnome
> as your desktop environment? Do you boot directly to X or go via a terminal
> and the startx command?

I try to be as thorough in my sig line, but that has been changing a lot
lately. Sorry about the lack of info/confusion. To answer your
questions, I have KDE as my desktop for my user account. And it's set up
to start in X-windows on bootup, ie. I don't get a terminal first and
use startx.

> It sounds to me like you have theme issues, thats nothing to do with the
> display manager as such. The display manager (gdm by default for gnome, kde
> or kdm for KDE) takes care of window placement and behaviour, but themes are
> an "extra" on top, that require additional configuration

Yeah. Seems like the GNOME apps are stuck with "bluecurve" theme and
even if I went and started a session in GNOME instead of KDE and changed
it, it still doesn't reflect the changes (even if I save them) when I go
back to KDE. Odd. Maybe it's something I have to poke around with a bit
later. :)

--
TechChiq
--------