[Techtalk] Victory! :) USB is working!!

Laurel Fan laurel at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Oct 14 09:26:11 EST 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 02:11:15AM -0400, TechChiq wrote:
> Now plug in the camera and turn it on. I don't know why but the disk drive
> always gets access whenever ANY USB device is found or disconnected. But
> anyway, once the camera is on, you can access the files at:

The kernel likes to write to files to keep track of things and also to
log files.  For example, it might be adding it to the list of mounted
filesystems in /etc/mtab, or writing a message to a log file to say
that it found the device (on my machine messages about usb devices go
to /var/log/dmesg and /var/log/kern.log).

laurel at sdf.lonestar.org
http://dreadnought.gorgorg.org