[Techtalk] Buslink CD-RW Drive

Jennifer jennifer at confettifalling.com
Sun Oct 12 11:14:43 EST 2003

Do you know if a Buslink CD-RW will work under RH9?

Staples has a 52x Buslink CD-RW drive (IDE) on sale for $20 after
rebates. I believe the model number may be #RW5252.

I'm running Redhat 9 on a 900mhz PIII. Do any of you know if I'll have
trouble getting this drive to work? I don't find anything about
compatibility on Redhat's site, but a couple of links to various message
threads online indicates people have used Buslink drives before.

I'll probably just buy it and find out by trying, but I thought I'd ask
for feedback first.

Oh, and while I'm at it: is Buslink even worth it? I don't want a crappy
drive, but I do want reasonably cheap.

Thank you!
Jennifer
--