[Techtalk] Debian -> Gentoo

nicole colby at wsu.edu
Sun Nov 30 20:23:55 EST 2003

At 04:08 on Dec 1, Ricky Buchanan shook the earth with:

> Since reading more and more about Gentoo I am thinking more and more I'd
> love to run it.  There are several important programs (Mutt and TF, to
> name two) which I need to manually download and compile because I need
> different compilation options than Debian defaults too (eg in Mutt I
> need --enable-buffy-size but the maintainer doesn't like it - I asked
> :\) and others where I like to run the most up to date dev version but
> only the stable version is packaged.

For the first, you could also download the source from the APT repository
and rebuild the package with your options.

I know we have some gentoo users around here, hopefully they will address
your other questions (I think someone already started to).

-nicole