[Techtalk] Javascript suddenly went bye-bye

TechChiq techchiq at hotpop.com
Fri Nov 14 12:45:23 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 05:49, Hamster wrote:
> Hi, I dont know the answer to your problem, but I can tell you that opera
> doesnt touch any .mozilla directories. I dont think you can blame the
> uninstall of opera. I can add and remove it ad nauseum on my machine here
> without effecting konqi or moz..
>
> What distro are you using? If its one with a package management system, try
> verifying the mozilla package or kdebase (I think thats the one with konqi)
> to see if any files are missing.

Actually, both are there or I know I'd not be running KDE at all or even
Mozilla and I can run both. :) I'm using Pink Tie 9  (RH9 clone) and
this thing, seems everything is interwoven like spaghetti around here.

Also I found in my .mozilla directory, I found TWO dirs for my user:
[username] and [username]-1. Why there's two for one username is beyond
me. :/

I'll try to poke around more today to see what is going on with this
stuff. But I know I didn't make any changes between when I uninstalled
Opera and when I tried to use JavaScript in Konqueror and Mozilla. So I
don't know what else could have done away with JavaScript and really
need it back again. Some sites I need to go to require it.

TechChiq
Home Page: http://members.fortunecity.com/techchiq/
Linux User # 331707, Machine # 216034 (http://counter.li.org)