Netscape and Mozilla (was: Re: [Techtalk] Opera Help with Replies)

Andrea Landaker qirien at icecavern.net
Mon Nov 3 16:40:05 EST 2003

> I have been looking for the arbitrary from address functionality in a
> Windows-based email client for eons.  I use qmail's dash-extensions to
> create one-off email addresses whenever I need to provide one in order to
> buy something or do a download -- if I ever get spammed at that address, I
> know exactly who the culprit is.  The problem is that I occasionally have
> to respond to a legitimate email at the one-off address.  Every client I
> have makes me add a new account.

KMail does this -- you can either use "Identities" from a drop-down box, or
you can directly edit the From.

I have been very happy with KMail - it does everything I need it to (filters,
identities, lots of pop/imap accounts, customazible) without hogging lots of
space/memory, and it looks pretty, too.

--
Andrea Landaker
http://www.icecavern.net/~qirien/