[Techtalk] Re: Netscape and Mozilla

Rudy L. Zijlstra rudy at edsons.demon.nl
Mon Nov 3 08:31:55 EST 2003

Staci wrote:

>On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Brenda Bell wrote:
>

>>Before I can play with the From field, I need to actually get it configured
>>for the standard stuff.  I'm using courier-imap... I can get to my INBOX,
>>but having trouble figuring out how to set up my special folders (Drafts,
>>Sent, Trash) and shared folders (I have several).  I'm searching the web
>>high and low for docs, but if you know of a good resource, please send it
>>my way.  Thanks.
>>

>And if someone gives you one please pass it on to me, I didn't EVER figure out how to
>get into my other imap folders.
>
>sl

Examples from my .pinerc:

# Path of (local or remote) INBOX, e.g. ={mail.somewhere.edu}inbox
# Normal Unix default is the local INBOX (usually /usr/spool/mail/$USER).
inbox-path={mail.edsons.demon.nl}Inbox

# List of folder pairs; the first indicates a folder to archive, and the
# second indicates the folder read messages in the first should
# be moved to.
incoming-archive-folders=

# List of context and folder pairs, delimited by a space, to be offered for
# pruning each month.  For example: {host1}mail/[] mumble
pruned-folders=

# Over-rides default path for sent-mail folder, e.g. =old-mail (using first
# folder collection dir) or ={host2}sent-mail or ="" (to suppress saving).
# Default: sent-mail (Unix) or SENTMAIL.MTX (PC) in default folder
collection.
default-fcc={mail.edsons.demon.nl}Inbox.Sent

# Over-rides default path for saved-msg folder, e.g. =saved-messages
(using 1st
# folder collection dir) or ={host2}saved-mail or ="" (to suppress saving).
# Default: saved-messages (Unix) or SAVEMAIL.MTX (PC) in default collection.
default-saved-msg-folder={mail.edsons.demon.nl}Inbox.saved-messages

# Over-rides default path for postponed messages folder, e.g. =pm (which
uses
# first folder collection dir) or ={host4}pm (using home dir on host4).
# Default: postponed-msgs (Unix) or POSTPOND.MTX (PC) in default fldr coltn.
postponed-folder={mail.edsons.demon.nl}Inbox.postponed

# List of directories where saved-message folders may be. First one is
# the default for Saves. Example: Main {host1}mail/[], Desktop mail\[]
# Syntax: optnl-label {optnl-imap-hostname}optnl-directory-path[]
folder-collections={mail.edsons.demon.nl}Inbox.[],
        {mail.edsons.demon.nl}Inbox.private.[],
        {mail.edsons.demon.nl}Inbox.Linux.[],
        {mail.edsons.demon.nl}Inbox.work.[],
        "{mail.edsons.demon.nl}Inbox.work.Euro DOCSIS.[]",
        "{mail.edsons.demon.nl}Inbox.work.projects.[]",
        {mail.edsons.demon.nl}Inbox.Info.[]

Mark the quotes when the name contain white spaces.

Regards,

Rudy