[Techtalk] Opera Help with Replies

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Sat Nov 1 15:02:09 EST 2003

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 23:15:25 +1100
Rasjid Wilcox <rasjidw at openminddev.net> wrote:

> Surely Opera has a reply to all button??  I tend to use that in my mail
> clients.

Yeah, but that button is really good at infuriating people because if you
reply to a mailing list *and* to a group of individuals you end up with
people getting two copies of the mail.

> Personally, I don't mind getting replys twice,

Yes, but you'll find that people on dial up do. You'll also find that people
who pay per data volume downloaded object to getting two copies.

> Don't know if there is a convention here on LinuxChix about the 'two
> copies' issue.

I don't know if there is official policy, but a personal policy of "being
considerate of other people on the list" is often a good guideline.

Hamster