[Techtalk] help! what kind of hack is this?

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Sun May 25 20:51:22 EST 2003

At 5/25/03 07:46 PM , Carla Schroder wrote:

>Hmmm.... guess I'll have to ask my web host. They are death on any script
>from Matt's archive, so it would be surprising if they are using one, or
>using any kind of formmail script. It does not compute!
>janus.affordablehost.com is the server that hosts bratgrrl.com.

Weird. It didn't look like it in my quick checks:

root at surehand root# host 200.58.160.146
Host 146.160.58.200.in-addr.arpa not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
root at surehand root# host bratgrrl.com
bratgrrl.com has address 216.46.203.144
root at surehand root# host www.bratgrrl.com
www.bratgrrl.com is an alias for bratgrrl.com.
bratgrrl.com has address 216.46.203.144
root at surehand root#

Actually, I just assumed that 200.58.160.146 (from the X-Originating-IP:
header was janus.affordablehost.com.

Maria's tests are obviously far more conclusive.

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"When nothing's sacred any more,
  When the demon's knocking on your door,
  You're still staring down at the floor."
                                                 --The Chameleons UK,
                                                  "Swamp Thing"