[Techtalk] Re: Mailman/Sendmail & alias issue.

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Tue May 13 20:14:52 EST 2003

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 08:58:14PM -0400, Jennifer Davis wrote:
> At this point, I am over my head.  I assume that there is a problem with
> the aliasing.  The directory of home/mailman/mail is empty.
> Google.groups is not helping me here.  If it helps, I am using slackware 9
> with the default sendmail.

The real question, i suspect, is how did you install Mailman?  I'm installed
from source, and I put everything into /home/mailman, but if you chose to
put your binaries elsewhere, then you'll have to tell your aliases to use
that place rather than /home/mailman/mail.

The first thing to do, I think, is to try going to the Mailman bin directory
*and running "genaliases" to see what it* says your aliases should be.  If
it says something other than what I said, that'll probably be the answer to
your question, and you should just change the aliases accordingly.

(Sorry it took so long to answer this one, Jennifer -- I've been at a couple
of conferences over the past few weeks.)

 Terri