[Techtalk] MySQL, PHP & Apache problem

Glenda R. Snodgrass grs at theneteffect.com
Mon May 12 12:21:19 EST 2003

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Jennifer Davis wrote:

> Hi:
>
> 	I began to work on an old database project that was dormant for a
> year, and in the meantime, I updated my Slackware distro to 9.0.  For some
> reason, I am not able to make amendments to the database.  I get the
> errors below.  The strange thing is that sometimes the changes work,
> sometimes they don't.  Does anyone have any idea why this could be
> happening?  For the record, I didn't think php requires variables to be
> defined.  Am I correct in that?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Jenn
>

> [Mon May 12 12:23:28 2003] [error] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:
> submit in /var/www/htdocs/scc.add/addentry.php on line 22

This message is not fatal, only a warning that your code isn't 100%
perfect <g> -- undefined variables in PHP will not kill a script.  You can
turn off these messages by setting error_reporting(1) so you get
only fatal errors not gentle reminders, which will help you narrow down
what the actual problem is.

--
Glenda R. Snodgrass

Before you begin, consider ... The Net Effect
http://www.theneteffect.com
(251) 433-0196