[Techtalk] Apache & PHP configure tips needed

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Thu Mar 13 22:16:17 EST 2003

Hi there,
I've given up trying to get Apache 2.0.4X to work with PHP on my RedHat
8.0 systems.

Instead, after looking at the tangled headache of the rpm route for
Apache 1.3.27 on Psyche (or should I say, Psycho) I've decided that
installing from tarballs is probably the best route for both Apache and
PHP.

Now, the question is, what --configure options do I want for Apache and
PHP?  I need Apache to work with PHP, of course, and MySQL and
PostgreSQL. I'm open to suggestions of other useful things to build in.
I have Apache 1.3.27 and PHP 4.3.1 tarballs.

regards,
.Beth
--
  /\/\    Beth Johnson