[Techtalk] Spam-proof e-mail addresses in archives?

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Mar 5 23:41:42 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:18:21PM -0700, Andrea Landaker wrote:
> I know this has been talked about before, but is there a way we could
> have e-mail addresses spam-proofed (or at least made more obscure) to
> help prevent this kind of thing from happening?  Or if not, maybe a
> spam trap like http://www.icecavern.net/friends (based on WPoison,
> http://www.monkeys.com/wpoison/)?  Or maybe make the archives only
> available to subscribers?  Or maybe there's some other solutions that
> people have seen used successfully in the past?

LinuxChix has *just* changed to Mailman 2.1. New mails at being
obfuscated a little - see your very message at:
http://linuxchix.org/pipermail/techtalk/2003-March/017751.html

Terri Oda will re-run the archive generator within a week in order to
obfuscate addresses in the archives that existed prior to the upgrade.

Hint for people who want something from LinuxChix: the volunteers are
concentrated on volunteers at linuxchix.org

-Mary