[Techtalk] Majordomo Replacement?

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Fri Jun 20 14:51:15 EST 2003

Our company needed a mailing list with considerable security, so I tried
out Majordomo, and I quickly dumped it for Mailman. Mailman is a
full-featured e-mail program. You have to have some technical knowledge to
install it, but once it's installed you don't have to be a programmer to
use it. Majordomo is fun because you can hack the Perl code yourself, but
Mailman is a much better tool for serious (public) mailing lists. You can
even use it as a gateway to a newsgroup, which is what SpamCop does.

--
  Indeed, I've noticed a number of these [virus] emails today - I'd
  click on it, have a laugh and delete it. Of course, I run Linux so