[Techtalk] Could someone help me with a technical report

Kristen Grubb grubbysluggo at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 18:43:20 EST 2003

Thanks Alvin,

I will probably take you up on that suggetion.
Actually, I am going to start now :^).  My
hypothetical company is going to have around 100
workers.  I am planning on changing everyone over to
Linux running StarOffice and Oracle.  I will obviously
need to change over the OS on the server and the
computers.  How should I factor in the cost to train
workers in StarOffice?  In my head (without a whole
lot of research into it yet) I figure that the
training fee would be less than upgrading the software
every three years but I may be mistaken in my
thinking.  My thought is that I would only have to
train the staff once but the Windows upgrades are an
expense accrued every three years.  Can I do this or
am I mixing apples and oranges?

Thanks, Kristen