[Techtalk] ln and unmounted directories

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Fri Jun 6 17:13:51 EST 2003

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:14:03AM -0400 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Emma Jane Hogbin thought:
> Thank you for your great advice for doing backups!
>
> I do have a *lot* of other servers with small amounts of disk space where
> I can put config files. It's more the automation of it all. I have tried
> CVS (and possibly rsync, I can't remember now) and I just wasn't able to
> get them to work. :/ I've successfully used other peoples' setups, but
> I haven't been able to get the setup part working. I will give these a try
> again as I could really use (especially) CVS for some projects that I'm
> working on.

Yell for Jenn (V) so.  She's our resident CVS guru.  I used her articles
on O'Reilly for some assistance when getting set up (locally only).  I
can't remember the URL just now but if noone provides one, I'll post it
when I get to work on Monday.

I haven't tried to set up a CVS server for remote access but I don't
imagine it's too difficult.

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)