[Techtalk] Partitioning issues.

Marleen Garcia d.lineate at skynet.be
Mon Jul 28 12:56:26 EST 2003

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 08:40:09PM -0500, Staci <scorcora at wisc.edu> wrote:

> No, I didn't give it any answer.  I guess what I meant was,
> it refuses to even mount it without me making a NEW fs, it
> won't even look at the old one, keeps saying there isn't
> one, bad superblock or whatever.

Just searched around the net, in the vain hope of finding an answer
as to howto mount a resized partition, and came across this command:

debugfs

Man page says:

      "-b blocksize
              Forces the use of the given block size for the file
              system, rather than  detecting  the  correct  block
              size as normal.

       -s superblock
              Causes  the  file system superblock to be read from
              the given block number,  rather  than  the  default
              (1).  If you give a -s option, you must also give a
              -b option."

Might be useful, though I'm not sure.

Marleen

--