[Techtalk] None

Maria Blackmore mariab at cats.meow.at
Fri Jul 25 23:36:12 EST 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Rene Cisne Gonzalez wrote:

> I am a new user of Suse Linux version 7.2, and i am triying to change
> the irq of two net cards( one davidcom and the other rtl. How i can do
> this . I preciate to much that somebody help me about

Hello,

If these cards are PCI based, the easiest way to change their IRQs is to
move them to a different slot.  You should be aware that certain slots
will share IRQs either with another slot, an AGP slot, or a motherboard
on-board device.  If you are aware of this, you can also change how IRQs
are allocated in the BIOS.

I would suggest consulting your motherboard manual on this matter :)

Maria