[Techtalk] Top Posting (was firewire)

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Tue Jul 8 21:14:09 EST 2003

OK, so where is the intelligent choice of responding to this post, where you
have mixed up top-and bottom-posting? And left in gobs of redundant sigs? (I
also posted a comment below.)

Did any of you who favor top-posting read the links that were given on the
topic?

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 7:12 pm, Staci wrote:
> I'm with you there.
> keywords "at my option".
>
> Also:
> Sometimes I glance at posts, think "okay that doesn't apply to me" and
> delete. If you like to sift thru and read a bit, having top-posts is very
> very handy, that way you can get a quick nutshell view of what people are
> talking about, without reading the WHOLE thing, which may be a discussion
> that has run from ..say, firewire, on to the new topic of top posting,
> [potentially] without changing the subject-line.
>
> sl
>
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Rachel McConnell wrote:

Another nice thing about bottom-posting is the person's sig follows in a
logical place.

Bottom line for me is, I read and pay attention to posts that are laid out
logically and are easy to follow. If it's all convoluted, like this example,
I'll probably not spend a lot of time trying to decipher it.