[Techtalk] firewire

Rudy L. Zijlstra rudy at edsons.demon.nl
Tue Jul 8 20:44:39 EST 2003

Carla Schroder wrote:

>On Tuesday 08 July 2003 5:28 am, Julie wrote:
>

>>[ Top posting is evil ]
>>
>>I've been using pendrives (USB flash disks) a lot of late.
>>They are more compact than ZIP disks and faster.  They also
>>support password locking, though I've been unable to make
>>that work under Linux.
>>
>>-- Julie.
>>

>Thanks, Julie- mixed-up posts are the worst, with some responses at the
>bottom, some at the top- out of sequence and impossible to follow. I'm going
>to work only so hard to read a message, if it's all borked it's not worth the
>trouble. Let me add my voice to the chorus of pleas for posting sensibly-
>please see http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post for more than you'll
>ever want to know about email etiquette. Ironically, it includes a quote from
>Microsoft on the goodness of bottom-posting- and they were the first to set
>top-posting as the default in their mail clients.

Sigh, I'm used to top-posting because Lotus Notes (as installed at work)
forces that. Doing it different is a major hassle, which results in most
people not taking the trouble. Neither do I when its not absolutly needed.
Result is i am trained in figuring out mixed posts. Something you get
when having an email conversation with people not using lotus notes.

Rudy

P.S. this is from home - mozilla.