[Techtalk] ESD problems

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Sat Jul 5 15:07:04 EST 2003

Hi All,

I'm running a RH 9 desktop system, and I'm running into a major problem.
Anytime I use the sound command, usually applications use it, like
streaming audio, or AOL instant messenger, etc., it spawns this process
that looks like:

esd -terminate -nobeeps -as 2 -spawnfd 9

And it then locks up the execution of any other esd processes, as well,
locks up Ximian Evolution.

Is there a way to get rid of this? The only way I've been able to deal
with it is by kill-9ing that process. That then unblocks everything.
--
.Michelle
tech at murrain.net
http://www.murrain.net
ph:413-253-2874
cell:413-222-6350
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575