[Techtalk] Spastic Mouse After Using Virtual Console

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Sat Jan 25 17:07:28 EST 2003

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 01:28:50AM +0800, Dom Incollingo wrote:
> - Verified that gpm is not running by executing 'ps axw | grep gpm' in the
>   shell. This command did not return any output.
>
> - Tried starting gpm. No improvement. (Didn't think this would help, but
>   thought it was worth a try.)

If you do want to try running it through gpm, do set gpm to just repeat
without any alteration and let X use the mouse through gpm.  I had some
similar spastic mouse issues when I tried to have gpm and X both use the
mouse in other ways.

To do this, make sure your gpm.conf has a line that says:
repeat_type=raw

And then in X, the mouse is
   Option      "Device"    "/dev/gpmdata"

(I'm using X 4, so alter this appropriately for X 3)

I doubt this'll help either, since it seems likely that you've got some
other issue, but heck, if you're at your wits end, sometimes anything's
worth a shot!

 Terri