[Techtalk] Re: Makes you want to go hmmm: "Are Linux Users Infringing on SCO's Property?"

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Fri Jan 24 12:27:07 EST 2003

I don't think the ScoSource group is as bad as some people are making out.
Kieran's email below might explain the SCO take on it a bit more clearly.
I suspect the media has taken a muddled view and decided to run with it.
*sigh*

There were rumours regarding SCO and Linux last week, so I'm surprised
it's taken this long to come out.  My summary of the below is as follows,
Linux as a general rule is safe, some people have attempted to make SCO
softare which is only licensed to run on SCO OSes run on Linux, these
people will now have to pay appropriate licensing fees, but SCO will work
ot make all SCO unix thingies work better with Linux.

	Jacinta

----- Forwarded message from Kieran O'Shaughnessy <kierano at sco.com> -----