[Techtalk] Problems building a computer

Meryll Larkin alwanza at oz.net
Wed Jan 22 13:17:35 EST 2003

1/21/03

Hi Caity,

If you haven't already resolved this, it might be worthwhile to
try jiggling those cable connections one more time.  I've built
4 computers from scratch myself (and rebuilt various parts
several times) and assumed I always got the connections right,
so when my computer did exactly the same thing I panicked and
wondered if I had fried the CPU.

Turns out it was my cable connection to one of my hard drives
that wasn't completely seated - it wasn't even obvious on
inspection, but disconnecting it and reconnecting it very
carefully fixed my problem.

I hope it does the same for yours

Meryll Larkin

--