[Techtalk] Bug in urpmi 4.0-20?

Syleniel grrliegeek at elenari.net
Sun Jan 19 23:42:59 EST 2003

I encountered a rather unfortunate bug in urpmi in Mandrake 9.0. The
version of urpmi is 4.0-20.

I had run it with flags:
# urpmi --update --auto --bug /home/directory

I found out that it had destructively overwritten /home/directory and
all subdirectories, as well as changing the directory permissions from
user:usrgrp to root:root. !

I've submitted a bug report to Mandrake, but the bug engine blatantly
warned me that since this report is not on an unstable release, it's
likely to be ignored. I was wondering if anyone else had run across
this bug?

--
Syleniel
Linux Counter #264789