[Techtalk] real Quiet floppy drive

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Tue Jan 7 13:27:13 EST 2003

> 	Here is the text of #umount
> [root at Linux1 etc]# umount /mnt/floppy
> umount: /mnt/floppy: not mounted
> 		It was in the drive,,, really, honest it was,unlocked too(-:(-:(-:(-:(-:

This might be redundant since it's probably in Meryll's howto, but just in
case... you did mount the drive first, right?  There should be a line in
/etc/fstab that looks like the one below:

/dev/fd0        /mnt/floppy    auto  user,noauto           0     0

(I think you already have something like this, no?)

>From that, just try to mount it.

[root at Linux1 etc]# mount /mnt/floppy

Having any error messages this gives would be helpful... and if there aren't
any, you may just have it working!

 Terri