[Techtalk] RedHat 8, Apache and PHP

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Fri Feb 28 07:58:56 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 17:38, Vera Childs wrote:

> Another problem I had was that I hadn't added the module. Do you have this
> line in there?
>
> AddModule mod_php4.c
>
> I had to put that in to make mine work.
>
> And I don't have the Files section like you do, but I do have this:
>
> AddType  application/x-httpd-php	.php .php4 .php3 .phtml
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source	.phps
>
> Note that I'm running Apache 1.3.26.

Ah, that's where your set up will differ greatly from mine.  Apache 2
handles PHP quite differently.  The stuff for PHP is handled in its own
conf file under etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf, and the include statement in
the httpd.conf tells apache to load any *.conf from that directory.  The
stuff that I did is straight from the migration.html that is in the
Apache 2 docs.

I do have libphp4.so living in /etc/httpd/modules.

I did find some reference to the php 4.3 releases working better with
Apache 2, but I can't find any 4.3 rpms.

regards,
Beth
--
  /\/\    Beth Johnson