[Techtalk] Re: How Do I Make Ghostscript See My Printer? Was: Re: [Techtalk] CUPS -- Detects Printer, but Aborts Print Jobs (Lexmark Z43)

Piglet listpig at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 23 13:27:47 EST 2003

OS 10.2 (Jaguar) has similar issues when printing to a network printer:
where we hit the wall with ghostscript is in trying to print pdf files.  My
current "strategy" <gack> is to email pdf files I need to print to myself at
a winbox, and print them from there.

With Jaguar, it's apparently only a network issue, so if I want to haul a
printer over and direct-connect, the problem is solved.  I'm not clear,
also, whether the problem would vanish if it were an all-Mac network, but
it's a mixed Linux/OS X/Win98/WinXP network......

--pig

On 2/23/2003 11:50, emmajane at xtrinsic.com shared this thought: