[Techtalk] Linux for Presentations HOWTO

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Mon Feb 17 15:46:01 EST 2003

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 10:31:51PM -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
[...]
> For anyone using debian that wants to give Magic Point a try, the package
> name is "mpg" and the sample slides are in:

*cough* mgp *cough* :-)

> /usr/share/doc/mgp/examples
>
> I'm sure I could whip up a little perl script to create (X)HTML pages from
> the .mgp files. Would this be of interest to anyone? Personally I'd want
> all slides on one page so that (my students) could print the notes. (Does
> this already exist and I just missed it?) Preferences on how the slides
> get output?

Does the '-D' option not do what you want? Typically, you just run

	mgp -D html-dir my-talk.mgp

and it runs through the talk, generating an html image (both large and
small) for each slide. Each large image then goes on a page by itself
and all the small images (which are 400x300) are put into the index.html
page as links to the larger image page.

Cheers,
Malcolm