[Techtalk] improving computer usage in schools

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Sat Feb 15 01:20:40 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 18:02, Conor Daly wrote:

> I've _no_ knowledge of PPC distros.  However, is it more than just a
> matter of compiling up a PPC kernel and boot image to make Knoppix run on
> a mac?

Hmm, if we assumed that it is just a matter of doing the above, would
someone just make xconfig a monolithic ppc kernel and then compile a
source boot thingy (using very technical terms here) specified for a
ppc?   Do I need to install a linux on one of our Macs to do this?
(It's okay, I'd make the sacrifice, really!)  But then all the of
packages would have to be ppc versions and I'm assuming that if a livecd
won't boot on a Mac it wouldn't have ppc packages, right?

Enquiring minds want to know.
regards,
Beth
--