[Techtalk] improving computer usage in schools

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Thu Feb 13 23:33:59 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 5:34 pm, Diggy Bell wrote:
> Lea,
>
> I've been doing some work with education applications and have come across
> a couple of very interesting uses for Linux in the school environment.
>
> First, there are two projects that you may want to look at:
>
> 1. http://www.schoolforge.net
>
> This looks to be an information resource for schools using Linux tools.
>
> 2. http://www.ltsp.org

There is also http://www.seul.org/edu. (Simple End User Linux / Education).
The key instigators of Schoolforge were (and still are) SEUL/edu members.

Schoolforge was set up to provide a broarder focus than just Linux in
Education - it focus is any kind of open resource for educatational purposes.
This includes courses and ciricula etc.

SEUL/edu is (now) solely focused on Linux in Education.  It has a searchable
software index for Linux based education related software, case studies on
schools using Linux, and is in the process of compiling a distribution
neutral CD of tested and reviewed education related software.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--
Rasjid Wilcox