[Techtalk] Infrared with an Acer 612tx---explanations

Claudia monsviridinus at tin.it
Thu Feb 13 11:51:27 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 01:40:08 -0800
"Rachel McConnell" <rachel at xtreme.com> wrote:

> Since nobody has (so far) replied, i'll ask the dumb obvious question -
> are the two laptops facing each other so they can "see" the other's IR
> port?  that's the absolute only thing i know about it, that unlike other
> wireless methods, a direct line of sight is needed.

Yes they are (irdadump works properly!!)!! This is the strange thing!!!..........

> don't give up hope quite yet, from what i have seen a lot of people
> don't check the list all that often, or else are too busy to help
> immediately.  but someone knowledgable may come out of the woodwork yet.
>
> good luck,
> rachel

OK thank you a lot : I'll check the list in the next days to see if some one has
information for me.
Probably I gave you the impression I was in a hurry to get answers and I'm sorry :
the fact is this thing is driving me crazy ...It seems to me that I'm near to the solution
but that I can't reach it!!
Claudia