[Techtalk] making a terminal wider than 80 columns

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Thu Feb 13 00:39:45 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 11:35:11PM -0500, sara wrote:
> If you create another temporary user with the default home folder, log
> in as that, and use eterm--does it work? Or does it only work under
> root? If only under root, that suggests permissions issues. If only
> "not" under your "you" account, then it suggests a problem with your
> personal settings.

Bingo -- it's actually a problem with the way Fluxbox launches Eterm from
the menu....hm. (If I make a new Eterm window from an Eterm window
everything works perfectly regardless of which user I am.)

I guess I'll have to figure out exactly what Fluxbox is doing...

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]