[Techtalk] making a terminal wider than 80 columns

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Tue Feb 11 17:03:04 EST 2003

Hey all

I use Eterm and generally I like it (I'm all about pretty backgrounds and
scrollbars by default). I'm having a hard time with my line wrapping
though. At the end of 80 columns (regardless of the actual screen width)
whatever I'm typing (at the prompt) starts overwriting itself at the
beginning of the line.

When I open an Xterm window it create a new line when I get to the edge of
the window and it knows when I resize the window that it's supposed to
stretch to fill the screen. I believe this is done with the "resize"
command, but Eterm doesn't seem to know about it.

I tried doing a few google searches for "eterm resize" but I couldn't find
anything that made sense... Any suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]