[Techtalk] cut off man pages

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 10:20:14 EST 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Noir wrote:

> I, sometimes, have to take notes off man pages. I was wondering if there's
> any way I can *copy* specific parts/ lines of man pages and *paste* it in
> another text file while being in the console mode. I use vim 6.1.

I use gpm, which is generally great for copying and pasting between
console apps.

I gave up using vim some time ago - I prefer emacs, and gpm works well
with it.  However, I've just tried it with vim, and it didn't seem to
work, but that might just be because I've forgotten the arcane way in
which vim works!

If gpm really doesn't work with vim, perhaps you could use emacs just
on those occasions when you need this copy-and-paste facility.

Sorry - only a sort-of half-answer, really.

David