[Techtalk] Re: lynx cookies

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sat Dec 27 23:13:36 EST 2003

On Saturday 27 December 2003 07:41, Noir wrote:
> Just wondering whether there will ever be any newer version of lynx. The
> current version [2.8.4] is about 3 years old now.

Just came across ELinks (http://elinks.or.cz/index.html) today on another list
I'm on.  I have used lynx a moderate amount, but have (so far) only looked at
the sceenshots for ELinks.  However, the sceenshots look very promising (it
supports frames, for example), and it has just been ported to Cygwin by
Harold Hunt, who is the core Cygwin/X maintainer.

ELinks is under very active development, currently versioned at 0.9.0.  All in
all, I think it looks very promising.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--