[Techtalk] Re: Hardware issue, probably...

Raven Alder raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Tue Dec 23 06:12:37 EST 2003

Heya --

Quoth Karen Locke (Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 02:59:16PM -0800):
> Most monitors have on-screen displays for monitor adjustments (width, height,
> centering, convergence, etc).  Some also display a complaint when the PC
> signal goes away, usually white letters on black background.  Do you still
> get this display?

	Definitely tried swapping video cables already.

	The complaint screen also shows the weird darkening effect.
Good idea -- I would never have thought to try that.   The funky thing
is, both monitors do that.  But the same monitor plugged in to the
computer downstairs doesn't.  Hm.  Maybe it's my power from the wall
socket?  Will try moving things around again and let y'all know.  Thanks
for all the helpful suggestions so far.

Cheers,
Raven