[Techtalk] Coda VS AFS

Anthony Gorecki anthony at futurepoint.com
Sat Dec 20 15:09:05 EST 2003

I've been planning to setup a distributed Linux network at home using several
computers and have narrowed the networking file systems to Coda and AFS. I
know that Coda was spawned from AFS and is somewhat less developed, but I've
heard good things about it as well. What concerns me was a benchmark using
Coda which had extremely slow times in comparison to NFS and AFS. What are
some of the benefits of using Coda VS AFS? Any input or recommendations on
this situation would be greatly appreciated.

--
Best Regards,
Anthony Gorecki

"Freedom through knowledge."